JOHNSTON, R.I., USA—Colin Day, chairman of Premier Foods plc, one of Britain’s largest food manufacturers, has been elected to the board of directors of commercial property insurer FM Global. FM Global’s board comprises executives from the world’s most sophisticated manufacturing, distribution and service organizations. Day previously served on FM Global’s board when he was chief executive of Essentra plc.
Established nearly two centuries ago, FM Global is a mutual insurance company whose capital, scientific research capability and engineering expertise are solely dedicated to property risk management. These owners, who share the belief that the majority of property loss is preventable, represent many of the world’s largest organizations, including one of every three Fortune 1000 companies.
“Colin Day’s vast background in international operations, corporate strategy and finance will continue to help FM Global effectively advance its mission to make our client-owners more resilient,” said Thomas A. Lawson, chairman and chief executive officer, FM Global. “We’re pleased to have him return to our board of directors and represent our policyholders.”
Day was named Premier Foods’ chairman in August 2019 after retiring as chief executive of Essentra plc in 2017. Previously, he was chief financial officer at Reckitt Benckiser plc for more than a decade and was instrumental in merger and acquisition activity as well as the development of group strategy. Before that, he held a range of senior financial and operational positions at a variety of companies. Day is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and has an MBA from Cranfield School of Management, UK.
Other members of FM Global’s board of directors include:
- Frank T. Connor, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Textron Inc.
- Michel Giannuzzi, chairman and chief executive officer, Verallia Packaging SA
- Daniel L. Knotts, president and chief executive officer, RR Donnelley
- Glenn R. Landau, former executive vice president and chief financial officer, Mohawk Industries Inc.
- Thomas A. Lawson, chairman and chief executive officer, FM Global
- John A. Luke Jr., chairman, WestRock Company
- Gracia C. Martore, retired president and chief executive officer, TEGNA Inc.
- Christine M. McCarthy, senior executive vice president and chief financial officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Stuart B. Parker, retired chief executive officer, USAA
- Israel Ruiz, founding chairman of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) The Engine, former executive vice president and treasurer, MIT
- David T. Walton, president and chief executive officer, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation